Monday, November 12, 2007

The silence of the exams

Almost a year since I've written. There has been so much going on, life's ins and outs, struggles, questions, uncertainties but also many moments of joy and learning, where my "strict perspectives" are broadened, the horizon of my mind expanded. Why I should choose now to write, 3 days before my final exams I cannot fathom. I suppose I always tend to get these brief moments of pensiveness before the exams, that punctuate pages upon pages of diabetes management and differentials of hypertension.

As I sit and mull over the fact that these are my final exams of med school ever, I'm amazed at how quickly 6 years have flown by. though having said that I feel ready to move on and start earning my keep-- 6 years of "parasiting from parents" as a friend puts it has been more than enough. Funnily enough though, a part of me likes preparing for these exams and doesn't want it to end. It's weird, I know. But somehow as prepares for the exams the cadence of life is lulled and there is this singleness of mind and heart that works towards a purpose that is noble.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?