Monday, August 07, 2006

Of the weekend past

I've gone into a new phase of dawdling and vanity. Strange combination, I know. But recently I've been very kindly inducted into the world of ultimate vanity by the queen of nail polish and the princess of fashion, both of whom happen to be my clinical group mates. And like a fish drawn to bait, suddenly I am hooked. I never knew there was so much expertise in fashion and makeup. I mean, I always knew those worlds existed, but they were so foreign to me I shuddered to venture into them. But when it's explained to you, suddenly, it's a whole new world opened up before you and it kindled some sort of interest such that I actually went to buy make up, straighten my hair and go shopping within 2 days (gasp!), all this I assure you, on a completely voluntary basis. More amazingly, it's quite enjoyable, this process of making oneself look less of a frump, and wasn't overly expensive too. Myer's was having a sale today, so I managed to buy a pullover, a shirt and a pair of earrings for 35 dollars altogether! I feel so successfully de-frumped! =)

The other thing worth mentioning of the weekend just past is the excitement in the house a few hours ago when this guy came over to our place bearing gifts of really lovely Tiramisu, flowers and the sweetest card (hand drawn with beautiful poetry) to invite my housemate to go with him to the upcoming ball! Oh, the rest of us were just swooning, over the Tiramisu first, of course, =) but with tummies and taste buds satisfied, over how sweet a gesture it was. You know what, I think no matter what many people say about how a marriage shouldn't be built on romance, I still think it is so so sweet to be romanced with flowers, cakes, cards... and a relationship should have some of it, doesn't necessarily have to be a lot, but a sprinkling can go a long long way to melting your way into a girl's heart.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?