Saturday, May 06, 2006

On my way to school

On my way to school everyday, I walk past a Greek Orthodox church. Usually it's doors are closed, but today, there was a large congregation of people outside. And as I walked closer, I realised that it was a wedding ceremony, the end part where everybody gathers outside to take photos before the bride flings her bouquet into the crowd. I couldn't help but stop to look and when I did it felt so surreal somehow-- these dignified men in their dark, tailored suits with their smiling wives fronted by the newly wed couple who stood hand in hand looking so blissful, so happy, so in love. The bride especially, looked beautiful with her long dark tresses and svelte figure clothed in soft white satin. Looking at them, the world at that moment just felt so perfect and the whole scene just evoked that warm fuzzy feeling one associates with fireplaces, soft toys and love.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?