Monday, April 17, 2006

The funny thing about time

Over the past few days i've spent hours surfing my old classmates' blogs, finding out how and where they are, what they're studying, what they'll be doing in the future. And all that reading about old times, seeing the names of old friends just makes me so nostalgic and makes me yearn to turn back the clock. i browse through the blog with the intention of quickly updating myself on their lives. but i begin reading- and suddenly i am enthralled. i suddenly realise that there's so much about them i didn't know, so many more facets that i haven't seen, so many relationships i have missed out on. it's been such a long time. and as an ex-classmate put it-- i'd forgotten how much i'd missed them.

it's like all you have to do is just close your eyes and turn away for a while, but the world continues spinning and the clocks continue to whirr and then you turn back to look, but it's too late. the scenery has changed, the curtains have descended and another chapter of life has been completed without you even realising. and when i think about it now, it makes me feel so wistful, yet the only person to blame is myself for letting Time slip through my fingers so idly.

A saying that i read sometime ago comes to mind: " do not chase after the wind in the field-- it is futile to find what is already gone."

Just thinking about that saying makes me sad yet strangely determined. it makes me yearn to embrace every single person i never got the chance to know, makes me want to grasp the hands of the clock and forcibly turn back those lost hours. but i can't. the rational side of me says so, at least. perhaps i will settle for a class gathering of some sort in the hols. not the deep and meaningful interaction that i really wish for, but it'd be so nice to see their faces again, to find out about their current lives and ambitions, oh and the most glorious of all, to find out about Boyfriends-- the old, the new and the ideal.

oh, i just can't wait.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?