Saturday, April 15, 2006

First Ever Blog

21st Feb 2005

A frown for the lingering scepticism I have for blogs. Online diaries make absolutely no sense whatsoever. A diary entry is supposed to be a private recollection and reflection of the day's events, yet bloggers around the world have found joy in letting millions of people be privy to this very personal time and process. Why? Why share our lives with people thousands of miles away, who haven't the faintest clue and would never have the faintest clue who we are? Is this generation so lonely and scared they have to go online to find a witness-- any witness at all, to their lives? Or is it the comfort of anonymity-- of knowing that your next door neighbour for 25 years could be reading your blog without realising it is written by you?

Why? Why then do I write? I could provide a solid, faultless answer or weasel my way through with lame excuses about the lateness of the hour, the paracetamol I've just taken, or simply blame it on the fact that it is early Monday morning and people do strange things on a Monday morning. The truth is, I don't know. I don't know why I've gone through the motions of setting up a blog, nor do I know why I'm sharing this blog with you.


All I know for the moment is what I feel-- and it sure feels great.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?